So... It's now been two weeks since the Imaging Culture course has begun. After the two weeks, I feel like I now have a better understanding of what I can look forward to learning from Tim Humphry. I'm also really excited to get some hands-on, practical learning.
Our first lecture was discussing "experimental imaging". We were introduced to investigating the world through image-making process. The task in tutorial was to take photographs of moving images. Taking a photograph while the subject is moving can give life to a simple image. Even the way we hold the camera, free handed. It can show the movement in the photographer, not just the actual image. This process is very interesting and can bring up a lot of questions and opinions about a specific photograph.
The example in this entry is a photograph I took of the Sydney skyline during New Years' Eve celebrations to ring in 2010. During all the excitement of celebrating the new year in such a unique way (although with hundreds of thousands of other people), the photograph captures not only the skyline, but my own movement. I really like this photograph because of the unique movement, as well as the contrast between the dark colours with the bright lights.
No comments:
Post a Comment